Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager
One computer can install only one operating system. Even if other partitions are created and other operating systems are installed on the dual boot system using Oracle VM Virtual Box. But only one of them can be run at a time. You can only go to the other one after restarting.
But if you do not want to work between two operating systems at once and exchange files between them, you can set up a virtual machine in the current operating system and install another operating system in it.
This is called a virtual machine because it imitates a computer that does not actually exist but is actually unconnected. Thus, a virtual machine must set up using special computer programs available for it. In this case, the virtual machine only works as another computer program. It can remove when not needed. There are various projects that can set up a virtual machine. Among them, Oracle VM Virtual Box is a popular program.
This is a free and ASCII text file program that may be downloaded from virtualbox.org. This will automatically log in once you have installed it. This will open the Prophet Oracle VM Virtual Box Administrator window. You need to access the Virtual Box program and set up a virtual machine environment to install an operating system.
Setting up a Oracle VM Virtual Box machine
To do this, first, click on the New button in the upper left corner of the Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager window. This will open the Make Virtual Machine discourse box. You must type in a name that identifies the virtual machine where the name appears.
- From the Sort drop-down menu, select the working framework type. For example, if you are installing a Linux based operating system, select Linux. Also, select the version or type of operating system from the Dropdown menu in the Versions section here. For example, if you are installing Ubuntu, select Ubuntu and if you are installing Windows, select Windows 8, Windows 10, and so on. Then click on the Next button here. The Memory page opens.
- In the opened memory page, select the required RAM capacity for the virtual machine. The virtual machine is faster when you select a RAM capacity that is within the green range of the slider here. In the wake of constructing these settings, you would like to faucet on the subsequent catch to still the following stage. It then redirects to the hard disk page.
- On the Open Hard Disk page, select the Creative Virtual Hard Drive Now option and click on the Create button at the bottom. The produce Virtual magnetic disk panel opens. Presently select the Oracle VM Virtual Box Circle Picture here and click on the Following catch. The Storage on Physical Hard Drive dialog box opens. From there, select Dynamically Allocated and click on the Next button. The File Location & Page opens. Here you need to choose the limit of the hard disk of the VM – virtual machine.
Installing an operating system using Oracle VM Virtual Box
To introduce a working framework on a virtual machine, you should have a DVD or picture document with that working framework on it. First, you need to double click on the pre-configured virtual machine shown on the left side of the Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager window. The Select Startup disk dialog box opens.
If you are installing the operating system from a DVD disc, you must select the DVD Disk Drive icon from the dropdown menu below. If you want to select a previously downloaded ISO file as the installation medium, you need to click the Browse button next to the dropdown menu. The Pick a Virtual Compact DISK/DVD circle document exchange box opens. The downloaded ISO image file should be selected here. Presently you would like to faucet on the subsequent catch to still the following stage. The operating system installation will begin and complete.
To access the installed operating system, double-click on the icon associated with the virtual machine on the left side of the Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager window. It then displays the permanent operating system on the desktop screen as an additional window. If you want to get it across the screen, press the Ctrl key on the right side of the keyboard and then the F key. When you press the same key again, you will get a small window as before.
- When the clipboard share, you can copy or paste something that is copied or cut from the virtual machine into the permanent operating system and copy or cut from the permanent operating system to the virtual machine. To enable this feature, first select Install Guest Additions from the Devices menu. Guest additions will install. Presently click on the Gadgets menu and select Shared Clipboard Bidirectional.
- The operating system must shut down normally to shut down this virtual machine.
- To remove the virtual machine completely, right-click on the virtual machine icon to the left of the Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager and select Remove from the menu.