Oculus Quest 2 Best VR Headset 2020
Oculus Quest 2 (Oculus.com) is another company that has Facebook as its parent company. Its latest virtual reality VR headset release on October 13th. It is Oculus Quest 2. (Oculus.com/Quest -2) It is a more advanced device than both Oculus Rift 2 (Oculus Quest 2) released on March 20, 2019, and Oculus Quest released on May 21, 2019.
On September 9, Facebook Reality Labs, the company that develops Facebook’s VR Virtual Reality technology, held a special online conference to introduce the features of this new device. It was named Facebook Connect 2020 (facebookconnect.com/en). Virtual Reality Technology “Oculus Quest 2”
Oculus Quest 2
When an environment that does not really exist is created and displayed using computerized devices or other devices, that environment is a virtual (i.e., non-existent) reality (i.e., virtual) environment. VR technology simulates Oculus Quest this like a virtual reality 3D environment. This calla virtual environment. Objects in this environment are shown in the same way as they have been and experience in the real world. We have to stay in mind that they’re not tactile. This is a visual magical environment that is truly felt by the mind but not felt by the body. That is, there are two basic features of this virtual environment.
- In terms of size and colour and location with real dimensions, everything shown here is natural.
- All of its objects are functional in relation to the user’s gesture. That is, the imaginary environment creates by responding to the movement of the hand, the movement of the head, the movement of the eyes, and so on.
These characteristics give the viewer the sensation of being immersed during a virtual environment. Only then do they interact with objects therein environment. This immersion during a virtual environment and living in conjunction with it also refers to as telepresence. this is often an idea that suggests in previous fantasy stories.
Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Headset
In 2012, Palmer Freeman Lucky, a 20-year-old California native, started a fundraising Kickstarter project to commercialize a VR headset. He made $ 2.5 million and successfully built a VR headset device called Oculus. Just as it is the first successful VR headset in the New World, Facebook pays Palmer Lucky $ 2.2 billion to buy Oculus with this technology. The lucky Oculus VR head made by Palmer has three basic components, just like any other VR headset.
- The computer device is one. It doesn’t matter if it’s a traditional computer, a smartphone or a game console. It must have a special app or video game running.
- There should a display set in front of both eyes. This is because the virtual environment must be visible from the display that comes with the headset or the smartphone that inserts into the Oculus Quest.
- There should also be an input system that notifies the user’s response device. This includes a hand-held sensor device, a hand tracking device, a head tracking device, an eye tracking device, a track put an on-device button, and voice recognition devices. This includes (Voice) or other controllers.
There are now a number of modern VR headsets that design to combine these in a variety of ways.
- Sony Play Station VR
- Samsung Gear VR
- Microsoft HoloLens
- Razer OSVAR
- Fove VR
- Zeiss VR One
- Avegant Glyph
- FreeFly VR
- Google Cardboard VR
Etc. The list is long.
Virtual Reality Languages
With the proliferation of virtual reality device of Oculus Quest, other technological applications need to develop to be able to connect to them. Internet technology applications, in particular, need to develop so that Internet-related services and websites can be integrated with virtual reality technology. Web browsers that can now implement in a virtual environment and programming languages that can process such computer notes have emerged.
- VRML Virtual Reality Modeling Language
This 3D modelling language, which Is already use to create the web, has now been redesigned.
- 3DML – 3Dimentional Modeling Language
When an add-on using this language pair with a standard web browser, you can search for web services that create a virtual environment through Oculus Quest.
VRML is the latest standard to replace the language. This allows you to write programs and create virtual environments on the Internet.
This is a file or format that allows for the transfer of various files between 3D environments.
In addition to these specialized languages, programs have developed that enable virtual reality devices using the Android code. Oculus Quest is a program developing by Facebook base on the Android operating system.
The Future of Virtual Reality
Like Google, Facebook is looking for a variety of devices that can be used in a virtual environment. The value of these Oculus Quest devices and related products by 2020 is the US $ 6.1 billion. By 2025, it’s expected to grow by 27.9%. Then the market price is $ 20.9 billion. At that time the Facebook service will implement as a completely virtual environment. Instead of having a computer screen and two-dimensional friends today, you will have the opportunity to associate with all of them in a virtual environment. Facebook aims to replace telephony profiles with existing ones.